Wednesday, June 7, 2017

What's Old is New Again

Splitcoaststampers has a challenge on Mondays that is called "Everything Old is New Again." That gave me inspiration to get out some old punches and look through some of the techniques at Splitcoaststampers. Although their challenge this week is a wax resist, I found this tutorial Stair Step Fold so I decided to give it a go. 

My DSP is Safari Chic (I'm wondering when I will ever run out of that!), my punches are the retired Stampin' Up Curly Label punch, 1" circle punch, Bird punch and Owl Builder punch. I also used an old border punch "Beaded Arcs" by Martha Stewart. I hand wrote my sentiment. Since I felt this looked rather masculine, I decided to enter it in The Male Room - Challenge #62 - Off the Edge. I found them on Paper Playful. That is such a great site for challenge listings. 

Stamp Ink Paper #102 - Masculine is my second challenge.

Hope you enjoy my card. It's a fun technique and I will be doing it again! I'm sure I can make it feminine with all the DSP I own! As a matter of fact, I might do it tomorrow with a color challenge. I do enjoy CASEing my own cards for some odd reason.


Thanks for looking!



3 comments:

  1. How fun! Need to try one of these cards soon! Love all the textures and colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea and stepper card for our "Off the Edge" challenge. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room off the edge challenge. Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a fondness for owls, and this guy is cute. Love the folded card too, great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with our Off the Edge challenge at The Male Room, Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies for the Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!!  The participating demonstrators are listed at the end...