Friday, June 2, 2017

Black Magic

Well, as y'all know if you've been reading my blog, I've needed a few sympathy cards this week. I CASEd my own card from yesterday and maybe I'll post it tomorrow. For today, however, I want to share the card I made for three challenges:






My friend and I have been talking about the Black Magic technique for months and Cut It Up helped me decide to try it. I used this tutorial Beth Rush Black Magic You Tube

My card base is Basic Black. I used Peekaboo Peach for my outer and inner mats. I made my background paper using the Flourishing Phrases stamp set and White Craft ink. I used the new SU Bermuda Bay watercolor pencil and an old SU pencil that came close to Peekaboo Peach. I used both on the leaves to try to create a green color. I wrapped Bermuda Bay baker's twine around the card and secured it on the back. My sentiment was stamped in White Craft ink on a die cut Stitched Shape Framelit black oval. The Bermuda Bay scalloped oval was die cut with the Layering Ovals Framelits. I punched the inner Bermuda Bay mat with the retired Corner Trio punch. I stamped off with Peekaboo Peach for the flower and stamped the sentiment full strength in Bermuda Bay. I then cut it with a die circle. I sponged the edge with Peekaboo Peach. 

I will finish coloring the remaining background paper with different colors and try making more with another stamp set. I love this technique! 

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding job on the Black Magic technique!! You've created a beautiful card that will bring comfort for a sad occasion. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a great technique. I need to do more...it's addictive!

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous card! I can't wait to try out this technique.

    Thanks for sharing it with us for our Summer School challenge at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Evelyn. I hope you'll show me what you do with it!

      Delete
  4. I love that Black Magic technique, especially with that stamp for the background. Thanks for joining us this week at TGIF Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Birthday Card for Pammies' Inky Pinkies Challenge #2415

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... This week our sponsor is none other than Pammie herself!  She is offerin...