Monday, January 9, 2017

Go Green!

My husband asked me a month ago, "Why are you saving the green plastic decoration from your Dragon Roll?"
I told him that you never know when I might use it on one of my cards. Needless to say, he just shook his head.

The Paper Players has a challenge, in which I am entering this card. It's a recycle challenge. Theme Challenge - PP #326 involves using something that is recycled. Et voila! 

The leader of our Card Caring ministry at church and her husband are closing on a house this week. Since I and another friend are taking her place Friday, I made this for our group to send to them. Here's the inside...
I thought it was whimsical! Thanks for looking!!

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! I have never eaten a dragon roll in my entire life....I am guessing it is some sort of sushi thing....but that little greenery is just perfect for your froggy card! Your friends will get a chuckle out of it and will certainly appreciate it as well! So clever! Thanks for recycling and playing with my challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, LeAnne. I LOVE your challenges. No sushi for me! It is rice, rice paper, imitation crab, avocado and sometimes cucumber. NO seaweed either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm LOLin at your reccycled sushi grass because I have done the same thing! It's perfect isn't it?! Your friends will love it--thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nance. I haven't heard from the recipients yet, but they are busy moving!

      Delete
  4. I love that idea! I save tons of "stuff" too! This was so perfect for your card! I bet your hubby agreed! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Claire. I enjoy following your blog hops too.

      Delete
  5. What a fab way to recycle your packaging Karen; it really does make the perfect grass for your frog card! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanne. I always look forward to what TPP has up their sleeves.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...