Saturday, January 28, 2017

Be Mine?

CAS(E) This Sketch #206 came to my rescue today! I was making a valentine card using my December 2016 and January 2017 Paper Pumpkin kits. This is my first shaker card and it's amazing how easy it was. However, when I went to stick my card base to the shaker part, I turned it over and to my surprise it was quite crooked. There was no way to remove it. A few days ago,, I had written down the sketch from Thursday...
 
So, now, here's my card!


The Real Red mat (4 1/4 x 5 1/2) is behind the Whisper White card base (5 1/2 x 8, scored at 4). I did it that way so I could write on white. I think next time I will make the card base 5 1/4. My biggest problem was figuring out how to measure for the Red Glimmer piece. If you know how to do that, please leave me a comment. I punched hearts in Blushing Bride Glimmer,Red Glimmer, Dazzling Diamonds and Silver Glimmer papers.

For the inside, I used the cut-out square from the front frame, die cut a heart and stamped it. The DSP is from Stacked with Love. The rest of the ingredients are from the Paper Pumpkin kits. There are a few flaws but I don't think my 9 year-old penpal from Maine will mind!

Thanks for looking.


2 comments:

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies for the Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!!  The participating demonstrators are listed at the end...